The Guardian Takes a Stab at Predicting the Next 25 YearsJanuary 7, 2011 0 Comments
This article makes for an interesting morning read though I personally think many of these sociological predictions will be trumped by the technological ones.
1) Geopolitics: 'Rivals will take greater risks against the US'
2) The UK economy: 'The popular revolt against bankers will become impossible to resist'
3) Global development: 'A vaccine will rid the world of Aids'
4) Energy: 'Returning to a world that relies on muscle power is not an option'
5) Advertising: 'All sorts of things will just be sold in plain packages'
6) Neuroscience: 'We'll be able to plug information streams directly into the cortex'
7) Physics: 'Within a decade, we'll know what dark matter is'
8) Food: 'Russia will become a global food superpower'
9) Nanotechnology: 'Privacy will be a quaint obsession'
10) Gaming: 'We'll play games to solve problems'
11) Web/internet: 'Quantum computing is the future'
12) Fashion: 'Technology creates smarter clothes'
13) Nature: 'We'll redefine the wild'
14) Architecture: What constitutes a 'city' will change
15) Sport: 'Broadcasts will use holograms'
16) Transport: 'There will be more automated cars'
17) Health: 'We'll feel less healthy'
18) Religion: 'Secularists will flatter to deceive'
19) Theatre: 'Cuts could force a new political fringe'
20) Storytelling: 'Eventually there'll be a Twitter classic'