January 7, 2011
This article makes for an interesting morning
read though I personally think many of these sociological
predictions will be trumped by the technological ones.
1) Geopolitics: 'Rivals will take greater risks against the
2) The UK economy: 'The popular revolt against bankers will
become impossible to resist'
3) Global development: 'A vaccine will rid the world of
4) Energy: 'Returning to a world that relies on muscle power is
not an option'
5) Advertising: 'All sorts of things will just be sold in plain
6) Neuroscience: 'We'll be able to plug information streams
directly into the cortex'
7) Physics: 'Within a decade, we'll know what dark matter
8) Food: 'Russia will become a global food superpower'
9) Nanotechnology: 'Privacy will be a quaint obsession'
10) Gaming: 'We'll play games to solve problems'
11) Web/internet: 'Quantum computing is the future'
12) Fashion: 'Technology ...